Basil, fresh from the garden. Washed, dried, and awaiting their pesto-riffic future!
Check out these aubergine eggplants. But I repeat myself. Pretty though, aren't they?Fettuccine. And maybe some other widths. Just waiting to be eaten.
Peaches, tomatoes, jalapenos & sugar all getting to know each other. Jammy!
Vegetables are beautiful!
Wait! You can make fudge?!?! I thought it only came from the store. Or Atlantic City. Hehe... Sarah made (and then packaged) fudge. Now they are cute little gift parcels of chocolate. Smiles accompany the giving and the receiving. And the eating. It's kind of like she is the store. Or Atlantic City. Only cheaper.
I done told you about the bread. Swirls on the end and on the inside. Delicious hot and cold. Spread with ricotta or jam or both. Functional for morning, afternoon, and evening meals. I cannot wait to make this again. I want to dip it in olive oil. Or toast it and make a caprese salad. Or sop up the juices from my plate. This is good bread.
What to do with the rest of the peaches? Make a pie! What to do with the rest of the pie dough? Make another pie! This little guy is just pie crust, baked, filled w/ fresh strawberries & topped w/ caramel ice cream (housemade) and smoked sea salt (not house-smoked).
Speaking of pie - here's an edge shot of the peach version. Look at those peach juices trying to escape. I didn't do a very good sealing job. Leakage did not however affect the taste, which was good, and even better if also topped with Salted Caramel Ice Cream. What isn't?
And Yvonne, just in case you were wondering, yes, the giant green pot you sent to Gabes almost 4 years ago is still an important part of our lives. She, I'm thinking of calling her Sally, has served us well and continues to do so. Sally, see it's catching on already, canned many a jar on Saturday. Shout out to Sally. And Yvonne! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment